Different types of enzymes target different nutrients:
- Amylase breaks down carbs and starches
- Protease works on proteins
- Lipase handles fats
Natural Sources of Digestive Enzymes
Fruits, vegetables, and other foods have natural digestive enzymes. Eating them can improve your digestion.
- Honey, especially the raw kind, has amylase and protease.
- Mangoes and bananas have amylase, which also helps the fruit to ripen.
- Papaya has a type of protease called papain.
- Avocados have the digestive enzyme lipase.
- Sauerkraut, or fermented cabbage, picks up digestive enzymes during the fermentation process.
Enhance nutrition absorption
Supports healthy digestion
improve digestive health